My legs are dead.

| |

So, Y and I had this grand plan for like EVER!! This grand plan of ours was to walk to this certain library (which happens to have a decent selection of English books,) pick a few books we think we might like, borrow them, and bring them back home and read them. A lovely plan, isn't it? So why didn't we put feet to our plan ages ago? Because that particular library is kinda far away. And today, we found out that "kinda far away" is 2 hours and 30 minutes of walking!! It may not sound so far to you, but it is. My feet are reminding me of the crazy distance we walked right now as they throb with pain, and no, I was not wearing heals or boots, or anything uncomfortable! I was wearing my super comfy tennies. Anyway, that's 2 hours and a half there, and another 2 hours and a half back, which adds up to be 5 hours of walking all together! Oh.My.Gawd!
But I don't regret it. The plan was indeed a great one, because

#1 we won't have to worry about exercise for a whole week as we covered that all today, and

#2 we got 3 fabulous books to keep us company in the evenings:

The Mummy-Anne Rice

High Noon-Nora Roberts

Servant of the Bones-Anne Rice

And

#3 we had yum-yum sandwhiches (which, oh yeah, I made!!) for a picnic under the cherry blossoms, and it was a great motivator to keep our feet moving, cuz we planned on picnicking at our destination.

Y and I also spent a damnable amount of "sister time" together. We laughed about stupid things, and reminded each other of how silly we were when we were shorter. We also motivated ourselves to get home with a movie: Sixth Sense. I love that movie! Spooky and sweet. And we are ending the day with a good dinner of rawmen and vegie soup and the books we borrowed. I'm reading High Noon by Nora Roberts and although I'm only through the first 3 chapters, (yeah, I snail through books. Slow reader) and I love the book! Nora Roberts' writing stile is so Fing righteous! You can practically smell the perfume, or the B.O of the guy characters, or here them laugh, or feel the pain when they cry! She's A-mazing! So I think I'll go back to reading now, 'cuz honestly, it's way more fun then blogging.

3 comments:

C said...

"I see dead people."

Eyeliner said...

"All the time"

Rhyden said...

it probably wasn't all that far, after all princesses weren't made for walking. you should have tried running/walking it might have made it faster. hahaha. though i do agree with you walking to a libary would be something i would do if there was a library with english books around

.