17 going on to 18 yada!

| |

"So, do you feel any different?"
Y asked for the 100th time.
"Nope. Why should I?"
I replied, also for the hundreth time.
"Cuz you're turning 18!"
"Umm...should I feel any different?"I ask...
"I dunno. You tell me. After all, you're the one turning 18."

Right...

Well, it's no secret. I dread my 18th Birhtday. Because belive it or not, I desperately want to stay 17 forever! 18 just sounds so big, with a load of responsibility ta boot. It's the year where Mom goes, "Hunny, you're 18 years old..." With a meaningful look and a extra-long-pause for effect. To me, 18 seems like the year where you're expected to grow out of all your "teeness" and start acting like adults.
I wanna stay in the safe zone, a.k.a 17....forever.




Not that I mind the presents... Just thought I'd add that. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha I passed the 18th milestone easily, not much changed, I think that's mostly 'cause I'm still in high school though, you're no adult when you're still in high school. You on the other hand, should move out immedietly, you're an adult now Eiko, you're supposed to be happy that you're finally free too take control over your own life =b

Eyeliner said...

I'll take that into consideration, dear C. :)

.