| |

I think the top 2 foods that foreigners in Japan can't seem to stomach so well is

Natto(fermented beans)...


...and Sashimi(raw fish).

Neither may sound too appetizing to all you gaijins, but I love both, and most Japanese will agree with me that they taste fabulous!




And OMG!
While I was browsing for pictures of natto, I stumbled across THIS!!!

As much as I love Natto, this is taking "love for natto" way too far! Whoever came up with the idea of putting natto in a McDonalds hamburger has got to have perverted taste buds! Ew!! The slime of natto and bread simply don't match! Ew, ew, ew!!! Puke!

Okay. I calmed down. Well, back to the subject of natto and shashimi being difficult to eat,...well, what's your problem? The slime may seem unappealing to you, but it's the slime of natto that makes it so fantastic! It's the rotting smell of beans that's suppose to stir your appetite! It's the rawness of sashimi that compliments sushi rice so much!! I think it's all in the mind that makes you go "ew". So, step #1 is to junk your mindset about it. Once you start thinking more positively about it, you'll be able to graduate from simply thinking positively about it, to actually putting it in your mouth. And from there, you slowly graduate from plugging your nose and making faces to saying thigs like, "yum". It's a step by step progress, and anyone can do it! And besides, it's healthy! Weren't we all gaa-gaa, rah-rah for health foods? Well, these are the foods you're looking for! Go for it!

0 comments:

.